Freud 8 In. Professional Stacked Dado SD208
- Features Freud's TiCo Hi-Density Carbide with Titanium for long life and a flawless finish
- The negative hook angles make flat bottom grooves and virtually splinter-free cuts
- Slot widths from 1/4-inch to 13/16-inch in 1/16-inch increments
- Set includes two outer blades and 3 two wing chippers (3- 1/8" chippers & 3- 1/16" spacers)
- Includes shim set for micro adjustments
Freud's quality and craftsmanship in a stacked dado set, but at a wobble dado price. The negative hook angles make Flat bottom grooves and virtually splinter-free cuts. It has two outer blades with five two wing Chippers. This makes it ideal for underpowered saws because it requires less power to feed. All blades come with Freud's anti-kickback design. This set will produce grooves from 1/4" to 13/16" in 1/16" increments. This set comes with shim set and carrying case as well as instructions on how to make basic dado sizes. Feature Freud's TiCo Hi-Density carbide.
Clean edges, square shoulders, and flat bottoms: the Freud SD208 Eight-Inch Professional Dado Set cuts with ultimate precision, so you can achieve them all. This is your go-to set for efficiently creating dadoes and grooves in a wide range of materials from hardwood to laminate. Boasting thick MicroGrain carbide tips and an anti-kickback design, the set's two outside blades can be resharpened for long-term accuracy. For added versatility, the kit cuts grooves spanning 1/4 to 7/8 inch and includes a shim set.
Resharpening Blades for Smooth, Splinter-Free Dadoes
The perfect dado set for the fine cabinetmaker or weekend woodworker, the Freud SD208 produces dadoes and grooves that meet with flush, even edges. So you can be assured of precise cuts every time, the set is equipped with precision-grade features, starting with two proprietary outside blades that can be resharpened to deliver accuracy for the long term.
These high-quality eight-inch, 12-tooth blades with 5/8-inch arbors cut dadoes and grooves that are clean, flat, and virtually splinter free. Cuts made by these blades are accurate the first time, saving you from making repeated passes over the same workpiece.
Flexibility for Cutting Hardwoods, Laminates, and More
The Freud SD208 accommodates a wide range of materials, so you can use it from project to project. And because it requires less power to feed, it is ideal for use with underpowered saws. Use it to create dadoes and grooves in hardwood, softwood, chip board, plywood, and laminate (not recommended for non-ferrous materials).
Two-Wing Chippers, Spacers, and Shim Set for Fine Adjustments
The set's included chippers/spacers (three 1/8-inch chippers and three 1/16-inch spacers) save you time and energy. With their two-wing design, they efficiently remove waste material and smooth the edges of your workpiece. Plus, they allow you to fine-tune your cuts from 1/4 to 7/8 inch, so you have accurate control over the desired width.
And with the Freud SD208's included shim set, you never have to give up making dadoes with a workpiece that's too thin to fit the width of your dado blades. This handy shim set expands the range of your kerf adjustments, giving you even greater control for achieving a flawless finished workpiece.
Anti-Kickback Design for Safe Operation
The quality of this dado set is enhanced by its anti-kickback design, which gives you an added margin of safety while you work.
MicroGrain Carbide Tips for Long-Lasting Performance
So you can get maximum performance out of this set, the blade components are constructed with Freud's TiCo Hi-Density Carbide. This means the blades can withstand numerous sharpenings and still retain their precision. And a Tri-metal Brazing process gives the blades impact resistance, so they last for the long term without dulling (a condition that can cause torn wood and uneven cuts).
About Freud: A History of Innovative Manufacturing
An industry leader for more than 50 years, Freud America, Inc. is a manufacturer and marketer of superior carbide cutting tools for the woodworking industry. Freud is the only manufacturer of woodworking tools in the world that produces its own MicroGrain Carbide with Titanium, called TiCo, a high-density combination of Titanium and Cobalt.
By producing its own carbide, Freud has the unique ability to formulate each tool for each specific application, thereby maximizing the cutting life and performance of the tool. Freud's full line of high-quality woodworking tools includes saw blades, router bits, shaper cutters, power tools, and more.
This product is covered by Freud's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
What's in the Box
Freud D208 Eight-Inch Professional Dado, two eight-inch outside blades, set of steel shims, three 1/8-inch chippers, and three 1/16-inch spacers. Storage case included.
- Fine Woodworking
- MP Push Stick
- Bench Dog 40-011 Feather-Loc Double Featherboard for Table Saws & Router Tables
- Bench Dog 10-025 Push-Loc Offset Push Stick For Table Saws, Router Tables with Docking Station
- Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
- DEWALT DWE7402DI Dado Throatplate for 10-Inch Portable Table Saw
- Bosch TS1007 Dado Insert
- Ridgid R4512 Table Saw Replacement Dado Insert # 080035003093
- SawStop TSDC-8R2 Table Saw Brake Cartridge for 8-Inch Dado Sets
- Delta Power Equipment Corporation 36-502 Dado Throat Plate, Colors may Vary
- SawStop TSI-DLD Dado Lock Down Insert
- Delta Power Tools 36-510 Dado Insert for 6000 Series JobSite Table Saws
- Bosch TS1013 Dado Cutter Insert GTS1031
- GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws, Router Tables, Band Saws, and Jointers by MICROJIG
- Bosch TS1005 Zero Clearance Insert Assembly