Dremel 335-01 Plunge Router Attachment
- Plunge router attachment for Dremel rotary tool models 400, 398, 395, 300, 285, and 275
- Quickly converts rotary tool to plunge router; plunge lock-in handle; 2 depth stops for rapid depth adjustments
- Plastic and metal construction
- Includes plunge router attachment, edge guide, circle cutting guide, mounting wrench, manual
- 6 by 5-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
Plunge router attachment, lock & release in handle, clear base, two depth stops with quick release, lightweight & easy to control, on board storage for bits & wrench, edge guide for accurate & straight cuts, Circle guide routs perfect cuts.
Anyone who's ever used a router understands the satisfaction that a cleanly cut rabbet or mortise can give. But if you're working on small-scale projects, such as jewelry boxes or models, that monster three-horsepower fixed-base router with the 1/2-inch bit is simply overkill.
That's where the Dremel 335 comes in. This plunge-router adapter is meant to be used with the Dremel rotary tools (models 400, 398, 395, 300, 285, and 275), which accommodate 1/8-inch diameter bits. If you already own one of these tools, buying the attachment is a great way to get an instant router without having to shell out the extra forty or fifty bucks for a single-purpose machine (that may be too big for what you're doing anyway).
Assembling the attachment is simple: just remove the housing cap from your Dremel, reassemble the collet nut, then place the tool into the router attachment. The tool is secured in the attachment with a mounting nut and wrench (both included).
The attachment features two plunge depths, which are locked in via a rotary hand grip. Setting routing depth can be a little tricky: it's a good idea to practice on scrap until you get a feel for it. The clear base gives you good stability and lets you see exactly what you're doing, as does the narrow profile of the Dremel tool itself. The attachment also includes an adjustable edge guide that works very well.
If you're working on small projects are willing to experiment with the settings, this is the router for you.--Josh Dettweiler
What's in the Box
Plunge-router attachment, edge guide, circle cutting guide, mounting wrench, instructions
- Dremel 692 6-Piece Router Bit Set
- Dremel 231 Shaper/Router Table
- SPTA 10Pc HSS Router Carbide Engraving Bits & 10Pcs Router Bit 1/8"(3mm) Shank For Proxxon Dremel Rotary Tools for DIY Woodworking, Carving, Engraving, Drilling
- Dremel TR770 5-Piece Edging Router Bit Kit
- SPTA 10Pcs HSS Router Carbide Engraving Bits & 5Pcs Drill Bit-1/8"(3mm) Shank For Proxxon Dremel Rotary Tools for DIY Woodworking, Carving, Engraving, Drilling
- SE 82210RB 10-Piece Mini Router Bits Set for Dremel Tools
- Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation Drill Press Work Station with Wrench
- Dremel 655 Keyhole Router Bit
- Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck
- Dremel 565 Multi-Purpose Cutting Kit