Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener, Grey
- Tapered diamond rod for sharpening serrations and gut hooks
- Carbide blades quickly set the edge
- Ceramic finishing sot
- Preset sharpening angles provide guaranteed results
- Reversible and replaceable carbide bades and ceramic stones; Lanyard hole
Smith's pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener features pre-set crossed carbides and ceramic stones, which provide the perfect edge every time. Carbides provide quick edge setting, and the specially shaped ceramic stones are designed to give you a razor sharp edge on either standard or serrated edges. A fold out, tapered round, Diamond coated rod is designed for sharpening serrations and small Gut hooks. Unit is compact, lightweight, durable, and comes with a lanyard hole.
Sleek and slim, Smith's Pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener is ideal for backpackers, hikers, hunters, and fishermen who want to ensure their blades have the sharpest edge wherever they roam.
At a Glance:
- Slim, lightweight, easily pocketable knife sharpener
- Diamond-coated rod for serrated and standard edges
- Carbide blades quickly set your edge
- Ceramic stones give you a razor sharp edge
- Preset sharpening angles for guaranteed results
- Lanyard hole for carrying
The Pocket Pal features a fold out, tapered round diamond-coated rod for sharpening serrated and standard edges, pre-set carbide blades for quickly restoring a dull edge, and specially shaped ceramic stones for a razor-sharp finish. The carbide blades and ceramic stones are reversible and replaceable for extended sharpening life.
The Pocket Pal measures just 3-1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide, and it weighs just 1 ounce. An integrated lanyard hole makes for easy carrying. Always clean your sharpener with a damp cloth after use and towel dry. Do not rinse with water.Carbide Blades: Set the Edge
The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives. These blades are designed for use on straight edges only, and are reversible and replaceable.Ceramic Stones: Finish the Edge
Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades. They're also reversible and replaceable.Abrasive
- Tapered Round Rod / Medium Diamond: 400 grit
- Pull-Through / Coarse Ceramic: 600 grit
- Insert knife blade into the V-shaped slots at a 90-degree angle to the sharpening blades or stones.
- Pull the knife blade straight back towards you while applying light pressure.
- Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
- Always hold the unit with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the unit.
- Hold blade at a 23-degree angle to the rod.
- While applying light pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
- For the other side of the blade, you will need to switch hands holding the sharpener and the knife and repeat steps 1 through 3.
- Only sharpen the side of your knife edge with the serrations.
- Hold rod at 23-degree angle to the blade and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
Pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener
- Kershaw 1990 Brawler Speedsafe Folding Knife
- Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe (Black Blade)
- TAC Force TF-469 Gentleman's Assisted Opening Folding Knife, Black Straight Edge Blade, Brown Pakkawood Handle, 4-Inch Closed
- Kershaw 1555TI Cryo SpeedSafe Folding Knife
- KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife, Straight
- Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
- Benchmade 551 Griptilian Plain Drop-Point Satin Finish Knife (Black Nylon Handle)
- Buck 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Genuine Leather Sheath
- 200076 Ka-Bar BK7 Becker Combat Utility Knife
- KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife with Hard Sheath, Black